GISA CLAY TARGET SPORTS
GISA Clay Target Sports Meet Results for 2013
The Scholastic Clay Target Program (SCTP) exists to introduce school-age youth to the shooting sports and to facilitate their continued involvement by providing opportunities to safely and enjoyably participate and compete in a team-based sport led by trained adult coaches focused on enhancing the personal growth and development of their athletes.
In the Spring of 2013, GISA began and sanctioned the Scholastic Clay Target Sports – which includes Clay Targets, Skeet and Trap competitions for GISA Member School Teams and Individuals. This sport will follow the Scholastic Clay Target Program (SCTP) Official Rules with exceptions as noted in the GISA Interscholastic Rules & Regulations. Students must have passed Hunter Education and be in good standing in their respective school.
HOW TO START A TEAM
- Contact your Regional Director or a GADNR Shooting Sports coordinator (Click here for list). They will be able to guide you though the process and answer specific questions or concerns. Also, review the SCTP Shooting Club handbook to get a head start on the process.
- Become a Certified Coach. You, as a coach, need to take a NRA/USA/CMP Appointed Shotgun Coaches Certification course that will certify you to coach youth shooting sports. Some things to do/know first:
- New potential Head Coaches must first contact the state SCTP administrator to discuss starting a new team.
- All new Head Coaches candidates must attend NRA/USA/CMP Appointed Shotgun Coach Certification.
- This class is offered by GADNR periodically throughout the year – link/contact for class schedules
- All new Head Coach candidates must submit to a background check.
- Identify or Recruit your Team. In many start up cases, you may already have a group of youth ready to go or you may need to set up community information and a registration meeting.
- Funding and Competition. Your team could qualify for funding if team members are certified in Georgia’sHunter Education Course.
- Shoot and Have Fun! Find SCTP events and sanctioned competitions (SCTP calendar).
- Georgia’s Scholastic Clay Target Program
- Where to Shoot in Georgia (Shotgun Ranges)
- Georgia SCTP teams
Below are links to important information and documents: