Morris C. Johnson GISA Academic Athlete Award
This award was renamed in 2002 in recognition of the outstanding contributions Mr. Johnson made to this Association during his tenure as Executive Director (1985-2001).
The purpose of this award is to recognize those SENIOR athletes within the GISA who have excelled in athletics as well as in the classroom.
The criteria for nomination are as follows:
- The student-athlete must be in the top 10% of his or her Senior class or in the top ten of his or her class.
- The nominee must have a cumulative GPA of 3.75 out of a possible 4.0. (The GPA should include the third quarter or fourth six weeks grades of the senior year).
- The nominee must have scored at least 1800 on the SAT or an equivalent score on the ACT.
- The nominee must letter twice in the sport in which he or she is nominated. The sport must be sanctioned by the GISA.
- Additional weight will be given for the following:
- Participation in Literary
- The winning of academic awards and scholarships
For more information about this award, please contact:
GISA COACHES ASSOCIATION
Todd Whetsel, Executive Secretary
111 Trojan Trail
Macon, GA 31210
Click on links below.